Health and Resource Fair
The only back to school inclusion event and health and wellness fair for children with developmental disabilities and their typically-developing siblings, peers and families, This event is a massive, annual resource fair that brings together over 2,000 participants for a day of health education, resources, interactive play and community engagement. Over 50 medical and health resource vendors provide families with free medical and dental screenings, legal counseling, cooking and exercise demonstrations, and workshops on a range of topics from the latest technology for the classroom to how to reduce your blood pressure through daily exercises.
The event includes fun activities that encourage social interaction, physical fitness, and language development for kids. As a way of promoting and encouraging learning, all kids are provided with books, backpacks, school supplies and healthy snacks. One of the event’s highlights is the highly anticipated raffle which includes special educational items and learning tools such as iPads and laptop computers.
- Medical and dental screenings
- Legal clinic
- Raffle with iPads and laptops
- Give-aways including backpacks and school supplies
- Educational classes and workshops
- Fun activities including a petting zoo, pony rides, rock climbing, arts and crafts, live entertainment, celebrity guests, video games, bouncy castles, and more
- Healthy lunch and snacks